Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 10: Farewell and the Trip in Review

Well, the end of this adventure has arrived, and too quickly. We woke up at 3:00 to arrive to the airport with plenty of time to catch our first of many flights. From Cairns to Brisbane, Brisbane to L.A., L.A. to Dallas and Dallas to Kansas City, we finally collected our luggage and said our goodbyes as we all made our separate ways back home. It's a bittersweet feeling being back. There's no doubt that I'm thrilled to be back home, but at the same time, it's a shame that the trip has ended so soon. But now it's time to get back to reality, and the best souvenirs from the trip are the memories made.

Without a doubt, this trip has been the most enjoyable experience of my college career, and maybe my entire life. Before it's all said and done, I'm going to do everything I can to make it back.

Warning, it's about to get a little deep here.

What made this trip so unforgettably fantastic was the people. The memories made and the relationships built are what will be most treasured from this trip. I doubt anyone could have assembled a better group of kids, found a more entertaining faculty member to lead it, or a more knowledgeable guide to show us around the country. It was a near perfect as I believe it could have been!

That being said, I'd like to thank the people that made this trip possible, especially my parents. They have given me a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I'm inexplicably grateful for what they've done for me.

So, in closing, for all of you reading, thanks for keeping up with me. And to any of my fellow travelers reading this, it's been a hell of a time! We'll see you down the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment